Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Green Beans 2012

And here it is...  My first handful of fresh-from-the-garden green beans.  Sorry about the blurriness.  My camera batteries were dead, so I took it with my phone.  There's enough out there nearly big enough to pick that I *should* get another handful this coming weekend. :)

At this point in the gardening season I can tell what plants are thriving and which aren't.  My beets started coming up, but then died away and haven't been seen again.  Only half of my tomatoes are growing; a few pepper plants, my two types of lettuce came up, but then something ate it all (probably a rabbit).

Right now, I'm the happy gardenkeeper of corn, green beans, pinto beans, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, and cucumbers.  So far, so good with these vegetables.  I just hope they continue to thrive once the true heat of summer sets into the south.  Georgia can get awfully hot in August.

Speaking of cucumbers, as I was picking my handful of green beans I noticed more than a dozen itty-bitty 1 inch long cucumbers.  Maybe it won't be too long before I'm making pickles.  :)

Happy growing!


No comments:

Post a Comment